When you buy an iPhone, iPad, Macbook, and or other Apple product. You are encouraged to make an iTunes account to gain access to extra cloud capabilities built into your devices and use of the app store. Most people may not be aware of how to sign to their iTunes account or even use it once they make it. So I have created a this guide for the beginners out there.
Setting up an iTunes Account (Computer Method):
- Download and run iTunes on your computer.
- Make sure you are not signed into an iTunes account. If you are navigate to “store” then “sign out”.
- Navigate to “iTunes Store” tab on the left side. Then click on “create new account”.
- Read the terms and if you agree. Then click forward.
- Enter your credit card information. This is so Apple has your payment information on file so you can purchase apps, movies , and music down the line.
Note: You do need an iTunes account to download apps from the app store. Just login and search for the apps you want to install. Your account is also linked to facetime, email, and a number of other apple services that you can link to your profile.
Logging in iTunes Account (Computed Method):
- Turn on computer.
- Open iTunes.
- Click on “store” and if you click on the “sign in” then input your apple id.
Logging in iTunes Account (iDevice Method):
- Turn on your iDevice.
- Open the app store application located on your home screen.
- Attempt to download an app and you will be prompted to for an iTunes login.
The steps that you followed should have successfully logged you into your apple id. Once account has been logged in you can now access a number of apple services, from downloading apps for your iPod, iPad, and iPad, to buying music and movies.