You can’t take your iPhone, iPad, and or iPod back in time. But you can do the next best thing and restore it to previous configurations or factory settings.
Whatever the reason to why you want to restore your device to previous configurations. Read on and you will gain insight into how you can do this in two different ways. All you need to get started is an internet connection and your device.
Supported Device Models:
- iPhone (2, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus)
- iPad (1, 2, 3, 4, Air Series, Mini Series, Pro)
- iPod (1,2,3,4,5)
Options 1: Restore From iCloud Backup (iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch Method):
- Power your device on and then connect to the internet through either Mobile Data or Wifi.
- On your home screen, open to the settings app.
- Navigate to the “iCloud” tab and tap it.
- Next tap the “storage” option.
- Then tap the “manage storage” option.
- You should now see a list of backups that you can restore from. Select the best one that you want to use.
Important: This only works if your device is iOS 7 or newer. To be able to do a iCloud restore from iCloud, you must have previously created a backup to pull from.
Options 2: How To Restore From iTunes
- Turn your computer on.
- Open iTunes.
- Plug your iDevice into your computer.
- From the iTunes window. Tap on your iDevice.
- From the top window. Select “file”.
- Then click on “devices”
- Then click on “restore from backup”
These are two of the official ways that you can use to restore iPhone and or other iDevices to previous configurations. With the first option you do not need a computer but with the second option you do need a computer and you must have iTunes installed. There are other softwares available out there that you could use. But those are third party softwares managed by non authorized apple developers.